Friday, July 09, 2004

A chance meeting

Heavy rains brought traffic to a standstill last night. I had been enjoying my nap in the bus while my mobile rang. It was someone from Citibank. The executive wanted to know if I wanted a credit card. I noticed I had a new message waiting for me in the inbox. It went like this: "Hi Xavier, r u stil n office? Sorry it took me so long 2 contact u. no excuses! Forgive this poor girl". I was surprised to see the name at the end of the message. It was Sinduja. I called her back. We decided to meet. There was a blackout at Koramangala. It took me some time to find her place. She is enjoying life at Wipro's guest quarters. Three people at her beck and call. Hmmm. I should have utilized the services when I had the chance. I spent a couple of hours chatting with her and catching up on the latest news on everyone. Today, she is attending an interview in some software company. She promised to give us a treat once she moves into a new house(she is shifting this weekend in Koramangala).

No comments: