Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Here's an answer

There could be many a proverbial reasoning, for reasoning is but a line of thought. Thought is only a reflection of one's experience. Experience stems from the facts observed as it is, in conjugation with our myths and beliefs (and beliefs in myths). Beliefs, hacked and mouldered through generations, are as distinct as the persons possessing them. The siblings of the same family are distinct from their parents and distinct amongst them too. The truth of one is not the verity of the other. With the human psyche so amazingly distinct, its the best prescripiton for trouble to believe in reasonings of others. We do need to consider every view point, for every view is as respectable as its host, but there is a sea of difference between considering and convincing. If I convince myself of his reasoning without due consideration its never going to be long before I plaster my wounds. If I consider his reasoning and extrapolate my own experience and observe the facts in the lights of my experience, thats when I could do full justice to my existing in this world. Others reasoning are a good reference. But personal experience is the best teacher. If God Herself has to prove their reasoning wrong what could She ever do? If She revealed Herself as God Almighty, Queen of Heaven and Earth, and moved mountains to prove it, there are those who would reason out to say, "It must have been Satan". So, listen to your feelings. Listen to your Highest Thoughts. Listen to your experience. Whenever any one of these differ from what you've been told by your teachers, elders, friends or read in your books, forget the words. Words are the least reliable purveyor of Truth.

No comments: