Thursday, December 08, 2005

The flipside of automation

It is not so weird to see too many add-ons and toolbars burgeoning in software professionals’ app interfaces. There are a plethora of apps like the Google toolbar, RSS feed aggregators, AIM toolbars, Google Desktop Search, pop-up blockers, Auto fill toolbar for filling web forms, Spell checker, and the list may go long and long. While it brings us a great comfort level and ease of work, are there any flipside for these apps and add-ons. Today I realized that I forgot the password for my Yahoo mail. Usually when I start my computer in the morning, my messenger logs me on automatically, it alerts me with a mail marker in the system tray and so on. I never used to type in my username or password for the past several months. I was wondering how this easy-factor made me forget my passwords even. Did this happen to any of you? If so, well… we are not poles apart… :)

No comments: