Monday, May 24, 2004

My initial thoughts

My first thoughts on reading the article were : "What was Francois Gautier trying to convey?" Is he ranting about the obsession with white skin? Or is he commenting upon the political scenario? I cannot comphrehend. He started off with politics, somewhere in the ensuing paragraphs, he moved on to the image of india in the western world and then later on to bollywood and then accusations and then ends again with politics. I don't know whether what sort of image he wants to project in the minds of the indian readers, an Indophile or an Anglophobe? I doubt if a majority of the educated people in India have ever heard of the aryan invasion theory, nor is it taught in schools as history. It has always been a bone of contention among historians, not the common man. I feel that this article is mainly targeted in arousing confusion in the reader. I wonder how the editor of the newspaper let this nonsensical article get past his desk. BTW, since when did Ouest-France overtake Le Monde as the largest circulated French daily. BTW, why don't we reply in the comments section, instead of posting it individually.

No comments: