Monday, August 04, 2003

Yesterday...

Hi, Yesterday was a very busy day. It was also a day filled with fun and lots and lots of nostalgia. So, this is going to be a very long post. As usual, morning church, after that, decided to go to a religious meeting at my alma mater. Though I was not that much involved in religion, my friend Patsy asked if I was also coming along. Two great singers had come to help us be one with God through music. I went for the music. Somehow, a few things they said also went inside my ears. Good to see my old school, places where I had studied, fought, played, and most importantly learnt quite a lot of things in Life. I had been to the school several times to play cricket on Sundays. But not inside the classrooms. A very nostalgic experience entwined with a refreshing religious awakenings. Unlike Kicha, I had to come to the office on Sunday to do a QA. Rushing from the school, I came to know that no one had started any work at the office. My boss said that I was not required to be present now but maybe later. He asked if I would have lunch. I said No and made my way back to the school for the rest of the session. Reaching there, I found that as soon as I had left, a lunch break had been announced and everyone had a hearty lunch. I had not had anything except a couple of coffees in the morning. Didn't know what to do. whether to ask if anything was left or go out to have lunch. I remembered a quotation, "Hunger is the best sauce for food." Then decided to bear it out. Evening, everything got over. I got a chance to listen to tips on growing spiritually. Walked back home and had a quick tiffin (my first meal of the day @ 5:45 pm). Then I had to go to a net cafe to help Patsy find a few things. Helped her clear her mailbox. God, I really cannot understand why people seem to collect mails as if they are treasures. Any way most of her mails were forwards from her cousin, my junior at school, working at CTS, Chennai. So I gave lecture on forwards, similar to the one I gave to the group some time ago. Her mailbox was full that even deleting mails didn't work. Rediff threw a error message saying that the trash can was full. I wondered so what. I never knew that Trash Cans also had a size limit like mailboxes. Spent time clearing the trashcan. After clearing that, went back to clearing the rest. But found a lot of interesting messages and images. I liked one message. Will post it to the group soon. We never found what we were searching for. So guys and gals out there, hope you can help me out. Tell me a few models for maths students that could be presented in an exhibition, something like say a thremocol model showing pathways, so that students can understand how to measure areas of pathways and so on. I recalled my schooldays when she said this. Another interesting thing, only Indians seem to be using the word 'thermocol'. A Google search on thermocol listed almost only Indian sites. I wonder what it is known as in other countries. Met Rajesh online. Had a nine-message conversation with him. I sent five messages, he sent four. He left. So I left. Late evening saw me return home. I picked up a novel that I had been reading for the past few days. After reading a few chapters, I got bored and had dinner (second meal of the day). Watched "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl". Went to sleep at 1:00 am.

No comments: