Wednesday, September 03, 2003

On RWH and Education

On education: Rini, a very good use of an interesting article. I would like to know the source of the article. It seems familiar but I don't remember where I read it.
Universities are a fount of knowledge. Some come to drink, some just to gargle.
On RWH: You hit the nail on the head when you said that planning alone is not going to solve any problems. Execution is the other part (reference: our Principles of Management class). I had read an interesting article in the Sunday edition of Hindu a few years back. I don't know if it is available online. I hope, in addition to Rajesh's reference, you have the time to visit this link. It is wonderfully written with lots and lots of examples and diagrams. As you had said, everyone is forced to invest in a rainwater harvesting system without undestanding why it is required or how it should be implemented. I have never seen anything in the media in the recent past highlighting how RWh is to be implemented. All I had seen is our CM delivering a monologue on the benefits and reprecussions if you don't install RWH. Now every house has a RWH, but will it function as intended is to be seen in the days to come. I have also posted another post in "Quod scripsi, scripsi" for your perusal. I may not be updating it daily, but I'll inform you if I update it.

No comments: