Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Hi, Relaxation for my fingers at last. I've been crossing it since y'day. Just came from the meeting. Had to make hard negotiations with the PL of that project. I assured him umpteen times that I'll make up for the lost time when I return. And at last made him budge. Cool now...!! Such hue and cry for a measly leave..!! But the poor PL has his own problems and they are escalated to us (me and the technical architect from my team - both involved in the project) now. There is a heavy manpower crunch in this project. Adequate resources not available on bench also. And the client is already started cribbing. The client is a company called Fidelity which caters to the BFSI segment in US. I'm going to be involved in both the architecture and coding activities. My PL (my actual PL, not the project's one) has "kindly" asked me work on a white paper which is in the pipeline at the same time as I'm involved in the project... So, to sum up... 1. A project with heavy manpower crunch... 2. Working in both architecture and coding aspects... 3. White paper preparation... This gives an idea to me how "free" am going to be in the next few weeks. My assignment is scheduled to be until end of September. So, I have to enjoy the next week's vacation as much as possible, coz after that it'll all be party time for me... ;-))

No comments: