Thursday, July 17, 2003

My project is driving me crazy. The architecting and designing was done before I was assigned to this project. Now, I don't get head or tails of how to go about my coding... they've asked me to code a screen in ASP.NET ... but haven't told anything abt the dependencies like tables etc., I have to go thru the design doc and understand that... the doc runs into reams of pages... I'm struggling with it... the client timelines is also unrealistic (as in any project)... I had a talk with my PL this afternoon (my "actual" PL... not the project's PL), and expressed my anguish to him... and said "I'm really struggling...". He coolly said "I want u to get that experience...!!" I asked him to pull me back after coding gets over and not to keep me there until delivery... He told "complete the coding... we'll see..." But, I'm not the only one sturggling in the project... today the client has told to use a tool called Xpresso which, it seems, is for accessing DB... but the trouble is that Xpresso is compatible ONLY with Java... so, if the client confirms this then the whole project will have to be re-done in Java... in that case, I'll escape... coz I cannot be involved for Java coding... :)) just hoping that happens... ;-))

No comments: