Thursday, January 08, 2004

At last,

After eight days, someone has noticed that the layout has changed. Coming to Ranjini's points:
  1. Font Sizes: I feel an explanation for the font size is required. I have used 'em' as a font size measurement. An 'em' is the size that a capital em, 'M' occupies on your screen. This is a relative unit of measurement. If you resize your text size, using the "View > Text Size" option in IE or "Control + or Control -" in Mozilla browsers, the text size reduces or enlarges. This is not possible when a fixed measurement unit like pixels are used. I'll reduce them as requested.
  2. Font Style: Different fonts were used only to distuinguish between items like Dates, Titles and Posts. A serif font like Times New Roman or Georgia is used for the Date. Sans-serif fonts like Verdana, Arial, Trebuchet are used for the rest of the items. Since the fonts installed in a system may differ from user to user, I have used only the common fonts.
  3. Style Switcher: The Style Switcher is ready. But I didn't want to put it up till I got this stylesheet ready. Since any changes made in this will be reflected there, I decided to wait a little bit.
  4. Archives: Since I was using an unordered list, they appear as a really long list. Monthly archives seems to be a good idea as you had suggested. Will try and see how that works. I had an idea of using a archive section just like the one you see when you login into blogger. But it would take some little programming work in Javascript. If any of our prog. geniuses can help me out, it would be really wonderful.
  5. Blogrolling: Actually, I was thinking of eliminating it. The current blogrolling section is an external script called from Blogrolling. Since Javascript slows down the page a little bit, I was thinking of transferring everything to a manually maintained link. This would also allow everyone to have a list of favorite links/bookmarks. Need to discuss about this in detail.
Other minor corrections are in place. This is a work in progress as I had mentioned in my post. So WYSTMNBWYST.

No comments: