Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Reply to "Reply to kishore`s words......"

I think I have tailed off the scope of my points.. let me make it clear... Starting on a lighter note.. rini, my title was not "the hunger for beauty" but it was "The hunger of Beauty".. whatever it meant... jax and ram, I meant to use "hunger" as a metaphor for any strife - which could be anything from a handicap to old age to anything under the sun... so there is no question of "motivating" beggars... What practical purpose does the toil of a Poet / Author ..to bring a piece of good poetry really serve? Very valid...!! But the question just begins at this place... if the poet "earns" millions with his poetry, what does he do with that.. does he admire the beauty of a million with costly furnishing of his house or does he also "intend" to utilise a portion of it for social activies... In the same lines, what does the religionist/spiritualist do apart from his material manifestation of his inward vision... what steps does he take to help lesser fortunate ones also enjoy such a spectacle... shouldn't they enjoy too..?? What practical purpose does our Living really serve? How does it helps to feed the hunger of the poor? I may not be able to tell anything on the purpose of "our" living.. but atleast "my" living would certainly bring a satiating smile to as many faces that I can manage (not forgetting my family responsibilities)... that would be the purpose of "my" living... And... just a curious question... What is the purpose of God...??

No comments: