Tuesday, January 13, 2004

on true communication

So Kicha, you say that free access alone would not bring communication, but instead it is up to the individual. Maybe the factor is willingness to participate. I feel that communication can take place only when people are willing to tell something akin to thinking out loud. If they wish that they want others to know something about thier life they will communicate. The 'something' I speak about could be anything: personal anecdotes, work-related, hobbies, in fact anything they wish to. Amazingly I see extremes in communication. I find people who never speak at all in public are vehemont communicators in private. People you wish would close thier mouths for a few minutes never speak at all in an electronic conversation. Seems to be good topic for a research paper. Why does this anomaly occur? Relating to the group/blog, a few point that Kicha made echoes my thoughts. Now, consider in real life, a group of five are discussing. When after a time period, some one begins participating less and less in the discussion. The others try a couple of times to involve the person, but to no avail. Then they start ignoring the person. Has anyone seen an example of this in an electronic discussion? More later, P.S. I am unable to access my postmark id from today morning. So I may not be able to mail anyone. If it starts working again, I'll resume the communications. Those in the know about Lifetree, I will mail you all later.

No comments: