Saturday, January 03, 2004

My New year

It was a wonderful new year day for me. Simply because, I did nothing all day.. and yet did a lot of things...!! The previous night, I went to a hotel with my house-mates and we were up there at the stroke of new year.. and came back home around 1.30AM... slept a few minutes later and woke up early in the morning at 9AM... It was a holiday for me... Everyone else had left for work... and there was no cricket on TV to bring out the couch potato in me.. I was all alone at home.. all to myself... I relished the sound of a staggering silence... there was a calm I never experienced in a long time.. the solitude was ecstatic... I spent time in bed introspecting on my recent past few years.. sequels of my disappointments, successes, promises, thought-waves reeled in front of my eyes... I praised my triumphs, thanked for my achievements, prayed over my failures and chuckled my naughty nit-wits.. I sat with the "Speedpost" book and started reading a few pages... and that only added to the already brimming delight... the way Shoba De had described her childhood and the comparision to her children's childhood sent ripples of thought of my childhood... its amazing how mothers could be so similar... we do owe a lot to this gracious species called mother... It was late in the evening when I finally decided to peep into what the idiot box had in store for me... as I switched on... MTV was up, and I saw a black-and-white picture of a railway station, where Palash (of Euphoria) was standing with his guitar... that brought a wide smile to my face.. one of my favorite songs was just starting... "Mai Re" by Euphoria... and the song kept up its hum all through that evening as I looked up to drawing the line on one of the most blissful days of my life... How better to start a new year...!!

No comments: