Wednesday, December 24, 2003

from VIJAY BABU

Hi everyone, I really feel bad for not participating in the blog. But 2 things are keeping me stay away from the blog, 1. Patni is not providing me internet during working hrs (9am to 6pm). 2. The content of the blog is threatening me. Most of the blog members are sending their book reviews and discussing some technical and managerial topics, which I hardly know. I can overcome that first block by either ask kicha to send me the blog content or by browse in cyber cafe. But I don’t know how I m going to overcome that second block. Whenever I read your blogs (mahendran, ranjini, xavier, bala, rajesh, ganesh, valli, sindhu, kavitha, sri, ram), I always ask myself that when I am going to post a blog like this??? But my inner mind says never. Then I again ask, hey u r a confident person, how can u say like this? Suddenly a reply comes like, if only u really know something, u can be confident in that thing. But the argument with my mind didn’t ends there; i tried to convince it by said that i also read two books recently named "One minute manager" and "Who moved my cheese". May be i took six days to read such a small books, but still for the first time in the past 24 years i completely read an English book. I may not be able to give a good review on it, but still i can mention some points from them. One-Minute Manager ------------------ It is a very small guide, which speaks about, 1. One minute goal setting 2. One minute praising and 3. One minute reprimand The first two points we heard many a times from many people. But the third point is the special one. It talks about how the manager has to react when he is not happy with his subordinates work. Like praising, whenever a subordinate commit a mistake, express him at that point itself and make him understand that u r only unhappy with his work and not unhappy with him as the person. I recommend this book for all our blog members, who haven’t read it earlier. Who moved my cheese ------------------ Hope almost everyone read that book, or at least heard about that book. This book is about change management. I think we learn a lot about change management than it is mentioned in that book. But the presentation of that book is good. They tried to explain it using interesting characters. It falls into “Needhi kadhikal”(if you read siruvarmalar from dinamalar then u know it) category. So I strongly recommend it to kids in your home. While reading this book, I came across the phrase “Better late than never”. Whenever I come across this phase one incident suddenly come into my mind. During our first trimester, one day infront of our library myself, kicha, valli and sindhu met balaji. He asked as about our welcome party. He told us why don’t you give pressure to your seniors to arrange it soon, it seems they are going on postponing it. For that except me all others replied something. While kicha replying, he told that “Better late than never”. I heard that for the first time. So always this sweet memory is attached to that phrase. After completing this write-up, my mind slowly begins to say; yes you can also contribute something to this blog. Thank God at last I convinced it. ------------------------ congrats for ranjini, ram and kicha. Mahendran:- eppadi da irukka. Sorry da I cant send mails to yahoo, rediff, and hotmail ids. That’s y I havnt send any mails. Pls send me ur official id, I can only send mails to that id. If anyone want to send mail to me, pls send it to the id, vijaybabu.balasubramanian@patni.com (don’t send from any mailing sites, I wont receive it. Send it from ur corporate id) ------------------------ I have to really thank our classmates, especially our blog members. For what??? Soon I will post it.

No comments: