Monday, December 29, 2003

The year that was

Am writing this trilogy of sorts.. my views about myself in the past year and going forward.. the first one is "The year that was" for the past year... this would be followed by two more... about the present and one about the future... ----------- As I look upon the last 48 hrs of this year... I'm overcome by a strange avalanche of mixed feelings.. its been a year sans anything dramatic.. most of that is to do with my lazy attitude about going about my life and living.. which seems to take new turns every now and then... This year saw some relationships become hazy and some new ones that seem more precious than anything... I got to know new people and understood some people better... and felt for doing so at times... Ignorance sure is bliss..!! This year did teach me some new lessons on how to cope with life... and why one should not be as lazy as me... My career has steadied myself and channelled my plans and thinking to a very significant extent... I can call myself a "fresher" no more... feels happy to know I've grown up.. but that also means increased responsibilities... somtimes I wonder why do we ever grow up.. why can't we always be the cute little kids for our parents... and such childish wishes still continue.. there is still a lot of child in me... But that has not deterred my "futuristic" thinking... I feel I have grown stronger.. but yet to have enough tests to validate that... a bit of arrogance has also creeped slowly in... I try to use this as positive as possible though... but, after all, I'm just a human being... I become too much of a future planner at times... and try to make unnecessary "sacrifices"... may be because, I'm still learning to distiguish between some of my wants and needs... Its been just another year in my life... the first one that I spent as a "working lad" in its entirety... with most of my time devoted to "learning the trade"...

No comments: