Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Speedpost

Last saturday I got a book... one after a long time... "Speedpost - Letters to my children about living, loving, caring and coping with the world" by Shoba De. The title is quite explanatory enough to tell u what the book is all about... Its a collection of letters and each collection grouped under specific heads that deal with specific aspects of life and living. I've just turned a few pages and its been a good start... Its amazing how I get reminded of my own self.. all that I did when I was a kid, as I read through those few pages. How many times you would have got "angry" with ur parents or siblings.. How many times u would have ceased to speak with them, turned ur face away or skipped a lunch... And how many times ur parents asked u to go to hell when u did that... But deep down inside we know there is a sense of affection that lingers on... a sense of deep concern... ur parents may have asked you to go to hell, and if at all you try to go there they would be the first to pull you back...!! Such small things that happen in our everyday life go on virtually unnoticed, unless something reminds us of the intricate things that goes on in our sub-conscious mind. Something that would reinstate what we are with respect to ourself and our special ones. This book seems to provide such a tool... atleast for me... We tend to move on with our life with little awareness of what we are and where we are supposed to be going... if u understand what I mean... But, I did give out a wide smile as I read through a few lines that reminded me of myself... reinstating what I am... An initial step to Self-Discovery..!!

No comments: