Tuesday, December 23, 2003

problems and solutions

Ranjini, the problem (the blog is displayed without any styles) appears the first time you open the blog for the very first time. Once you choose your favorite style, a cookie will be set in your computer so that you get the same style the next time. Incidentally, Mozilla based browsers are the only browsers where style switiching is enabled in the browser. Under the View menu, you can see a Use Style menu item. If you select it, you will be presented with a pop-up detailing all the styles that page links to. You can choose any one. The reason why a separate style switcher is provided with the blog is for those who use Internet Explorer, which does not have an inbuilt style switcher á la Mozilla. At first I left out the Style Switcher in the blog, but since IE users cannot select style sheets, I had to search for and modify the style switcher to use it. So it is not my fault. I feel that instead of Mozilla, you should use Mozilla Firebird. Firebird is faster, smaller and flexible than Mozilla or Internet Explorer. The reason why the blog is loaded with the Black stylesheet is because I set the blog to consider that stylesheet to be the default one. After loading, you can choose any style that you want to. Kicha: Congratulations. And when do I see you in Madurai? I am leaving tomorrow evening and will be spending the 25th and the 26th there. I'll collect my treat there. Manny: I was online when you posted your poem. But due to a problem in my system, I was unable to log into Blogger and give you my comments. It was interesting to read the success poem. I felt some tinges of "Man in the Mirror" in the poem. Inspiration!!. Hope to see more from you. Valli: No reply from you regarding your visit or the one Kicha and you were discussing? Bala: Unnaku, Wi-fi vennumma. Modhalau hard diskilla irrukura paddatheyyum, Rajesh oda mp3'sa delete pannu. Appuram floppy, hard disk ellam ollunga work pannum. Sindu: How's Christmas season there? Tell me about it. Ram: Mentations!!??!! Rini: Don't know why it bounced. I'll see what to do then. By the way, I see two lines appearing in the centre of "Flowers for you!". Does it appear on yours? I'll try to send a screenshot if possible. There are quite a lot of Indian blogs in the blogosphere. The blogroll links to a few of them. I feel that Indian blogs are not much publicised. But there are quite a lot of blogs being written by Indians. the trouble is that we don't know them. Interestingly, "Elite Essays" had an article about one of my favourite novels, Pride and Prejudice. I guess I haven't given any book reviews for the past two weeks. I'll have them ready soon. Sri: Prof. Raja Govidaswamy's words is one reason why I still keep reading. Anyway my line of work requires it. As Valli had once said, reading has now moved from being just a hobby to a part of my job. See you all later.

No comments: