Thursday, November 20, 2003

A dream to dream...

I had a fascinating night's sleep y'day. I had 3 dreams and remember each one of them to whatever precision I looked at them while dreaming... And dreams can never get crazier than this... 1. I'm fighting in Iraq... (Don't already laugh, there's lot to go)... But not wearing the army uniform, rather normally clad. I hear gun shots all around. I could hear them so well in my dream. It seemed so realistic... this proceeds for a while, and suddenly I begin to hear bigger sounds. The enemy (whoever it was) is starting to bomb... I think to myself "I don't have bombs.. they are technologically superior.. so its only a question of time before one falls on me.." moments later I hear a huuuuge thud on the roof right over my head... and I woke up... I was still alive.... 2. Then the second spell started after I slept.. I'm inside the "Bhooth" film... Urmila is going around killing everyone... Her modus operandi is.. take a knife and rip from the right forearm to the left forearm... and people seemed to fall like nine-pins.. and no one was offering any resistance.. she just goes about killing people... One guy keeps looking at all this.. But it was not Ajay Devgan... then she comes to me... Now.. the same dialog that happens between the President and the alien in the film "Independence day" (which I saw 2 weeks back on Star Movies) takes place between me and her... I ask her "What do u want me to do.." and in the same hoarse voice as the alien in the film she says "Dieeee..!!" ... and I woke up... 2nd time lucky.. am still alive... and slept again... 3. This is the most hilarious one... I'm watching cricket match.. India are down under playing the aussies. Sachin hits an exquisite cover drive... not sure if it went for any runs.. Bill Lawry is commentating.. Yeah.. I could recognize that voice in my dream... it was so real... He says..."India are only 4 wickets down.. and they got 2 wonderful players to follow.. Dhanraj Pillay and Mohd Kaif.. its a tough time for aussies"... Yep.. u read it right... Dhanraj Pillay - the hockey player.. in the Indian cricket team.. not sure what happened afterwards, but once I woke in the morning.. there was a large smile writ all over my face - I had made Dhanraj Pillay a "wonderful cricketer".. and Bill Lawry himself acknowledged that..!! Nevertheless, It happens only in dream..!!! Just feel like analysing a bit... and examine the sequence of events over the past few days that lead to imagining the specific images of these dreams.. will post my analysis as and when I get some points... Sigmund Freud into action..!!

No comments: