Monday, November 17, 2003

This day last year... PART - 1

Hi, I'm completing 1 year of my career tomorrow.. and so is Ranjini... if u r not aware.. me and ranjini started our careers on the same day - Nov 18 - last year... so, here's a piece of my nastalgia... NOVEMBER 16, 2002: I started from my home early in the morning and boarded the bus to Thiruppur.. to Bala's house... I had to catch West Coast Express to Mangalore that evening from coimbatore... after lunch we started to coimbatore.. Bala had some meeting in office... I put my luggage in cloak room and went for browsing.. chatted with vijay babu... then around evening.. sriprasath, bala, jax and ajayan were at the station... lots of talk about that Sri's famous letter to Rajkumar of Edge.. and amid a lot of hullabullo and noise and fun, I boarded the train... NOVEMBER 17, 2002: Reached Mangalore early morning at 5.30 ... and my eyes fell on someone whose face seemed familiar to me.. and it didn't take much time to realise who was walking past me.. it was Kadri Gopalnath.. the saxophone maestro... then, called up home and informed of my safe arrival and went out looking for an auto... Met the guy (Dhinesh) who would be my roommate, in the auto... incidentally he was also from Madurai (near arappalayam)... and we went to our hotel.. a 3-star one... and admiring and enjoying the luxury that had befallen us... after some chatting and breakfast.. both of us fell asleep... Dhinesh woke me up around 1.30PM for lunch... had a lousy lunch in a hotel... something that still makes us laugh our hearts out... We were curious to see the campus.. so enquired how to reach there and went to the campus... It was a very small one compared to Chennai .. but was looking very good, nevertheless... Came back from there.. and there was a big marketplace adjacent to our hotel... we went walking for a coupla hours around that place.. he got a earphone for his walkman.. and I got "Kaadhal virus" cassette... and came back to the room... got to meet some other joinees who were staying in the hotel... and slept for the day with lots of anxiety on how the next day - the first day of our career would turn out...

No comments: