Friday, November 07, 2003

views and updates

Though this chapter may seem insignificant, it deals with how I evaluate whatever that is around me. It also represents my capacity to love as well as who or what attracts me. Read this very short chapter. Ram and Manny, I still haven't received the invitation mail. I checked yesterday and I checked today. Sorry, no invi there. Try resending it. Yes Kavi, I've been hearing it daily for the past week. Still I'm not bored by it. Will let you know when I find the answer. Kicha your article, "Dogmatic vs Pragmatic" was interesting in the sense that you are trying to show are they necessary. You might get different answers.
Superstition is to religion what astrology is to astronomy; the mad daughter of a wise mother. - Voltaire
The question that would have to be answered is that "Do you life your life as you wish to live it?" or "Do you live your life as laid by others?" A pragmatic approach to life would be really a wonderful way to live life, but it would also mean that we have to remove traces of humanity within us. A dogmatic way of life also has this side effect of dehumanising us.
When the human race has once acquired a supersitition nothing short of death is ever likely to remove it. - Mark Twain
More on this later...

No comments: