Thursday, November 27, 2003

to rini and valli

It's been a long time since I updated it. In fact the last time I updated it was back in May. Currently I'm using it as a testing blog. Take a look at the layout there. Since most items that I wanted topost there is being posted at Quod scripsi, scripsi, I decided to change its focus towards something else. I've got a couple of ideas about the directions that Rantings of a sane mind should take. I guess it might be the end of the year before it gets sorted out. So you'll have to wait for some time before it gets back on track. I wouldn't agree that bloging is my hobby. It has become a part of my regular life nowadays. Since we use the blog as a platform for discussing, I don't feel that blogging is a hobby. It's more like a indirect conversation. You were right in saying that reading cannot be considered a hobby. Searching for a definition of hobby gave me these descriptions:
hobby: (noun) -
  1. An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure;
  2. an auxiliary activity;
  3. a subject or plan upon which one is constantly setting off;
  4. a favorite and ever-recurring theme of discourse, thought, or effort;
  5. that which occupies one's attention unduly, or to the weariness of others;
  6. a ruling passion.
Considering point no. 4, 5 and 6, can it be presumed that love is a hobby? Any thoughts.

No comments: