Wednesday, November 05, 2003

New blogs!!!

Good to see a lot of individual blogs coming up. As a 'blog-father', I feel it is my duty to help the new blog-starters.
  1. Keep updating: One problem I faced was keeping the blog updated. Since "All in a day's work!" was constantly kept updated by others, I didn't feel any difficulty. But when I started one individually, I ran into a lot of troubles keeping it updated.
  2. Stick to a timeline: Decide that you'll update the blog regularly. It can be once a week or once a day or time-permitting, even twice or thrice a day. But stick to it.
  3. Promote it: It was wonderful to see Manny promoting VVS on msitmmb. Ram's Thoughts is more of a personal blog á la Quod scripsi, scripsi. So you can't expect the latter two to be promoted actively. But promotions will help. By the way, It is also good to see reciprocal links between the blogs.
  4. Listen to the experts: More important, listen to what the experts say. Get their advice and heed it. Because the next time, I won't be giving free advice. It gonna cost you a little bit.
Good Luck! guys.
Ram, Is "mentations" based on Lamentations?
Manny, Still awaiting for my invitation to VVS.

No comments: