Monday, April 28, 2003

Hi, A memorable day for me. Just had my first presentation of my professional career. Things were different here. My PL gave me his Laptop to load the ppts to take to the conferance room. I've never touched a laptop until today and here I was struggling to roll my finger over, to move the mouse-cursor. Though presentations are nothing new to any of us, this audience was different... In our class, I could bluff anything about technology and seem smart and get away with that. But here, people know a hell lot more than me... about all I talk... But they acted within my limitations. And, of course, my PL was there to rescue me whenever I showed any slightest hint of doubt in answering something. The presentation went on for about 1 hr and 40 mins including the Q&A time. At the end of it all, I got the same feedback that I got during my MS(IT&M) presentations - Talking too fast....!!! Guess, I need to do more mending on my "express speaking" ways... Overall, it was a very satisfying presentation for me. And furthermore, the white paper that I've prepared (and which, the presenatation was all about)... is gone for a review. Once it is done then my first white paper will be released across infy.

No comments: