Saturday, May 17, 2003

Dear Ram, The word you should have used is GHOTI not GHOT to write the word Fish. For those you who can't understand, Bernand Shaw, i think once while commenting on the English language said that hereafterwards, Fish is to be written as "Ghoti". Reason: the first letter "F" of fish has a similar pronunciation as "gh" in 'enough'. I forgot the exact word he used for 'i' in 'fish'. The 'ti' comes from any word ending in 'tion' like nation or demonstration., where 'ti' is pronunced as 'sh'. Valli, what's your bro's plan, doctor or engineer? reagrding the bottom pane refresh, it is nothing but blogger updating itself every minute. Also this problem would be evident in machines using IE5.x or higher or Mozilla 1.3 or Netscape 7. Thsi is because Blogger uses two interfaces. A "Standard" one that Valli and Ram or anyone using the latest browser will be using. the other is a "LoFi" interface for those using older browsers like IE 5. I have been using IE5 for the past few weeks as my Mozilla browser crashes often, I couldn't notice the problem. Currently, I am typing this using Mozilla. The bottom pane does get refreshed. It is a feature, not a bug. I had said yesterday that there were plans to go to Ooty this weekend. It has been cancelled. I've to spend this Sunday as usual. Bye,

No comments: