Friday, May 16, 2003

Hi, Yesterday it was tight...real tight... after a looong time... Me and my team-mate (a senior guy) tussled with .NET for more than 6 hours (at-a-stretch) until 9PM IST to get a performance critical task going... and we made it at last... and I rushed to the restaurant to have a meal in a hurry and managed to catch the bus at 9.15PM IST... the habit of eating fast has its own advantages... This weekend... I want to get some things right regarding my income tax... Until yesterday, I seemed to be a kid with no responsibilities and today all of a sudden I'm a kid (still) who has to worry about a whole lot of things... I need to learn on how to save, what to save... will get the help of our Maths-expert (guess who) to aid me with some calculations and need to go to Post Office (remember that place...?) to learn about PPF, NSC etc. That place still has got some utilities...if not for snail mails... and by tuesday I need to declare my Investment proposals here in infy. I remember the question posed by Valli (I think) to Ravichandran on private company people getting away from tax and Govt people forced into it... and he replied "thappu seyya mudiyadhavan thappu seyyaravana paathu poraama pada kudadhu"... :) Infy is very strict on I-T and cuts as per our proposals from our salary and the final leftovers, if any, are deducted at the end of fiscal year... in case we pay more tax than needed then infy also arranges tax consultants to get the refund back... Looking forward to (probably) one of the few weekends remaining... guess why... grapevine sources here say that we'll be working on saturdays too... from July... nothing official yet...

No comments: